Who do we serve?
Women business owners, who every day create jobs, grow businesses and power the economy. They deal with HR issues, struggle with cash flow, push to sell their products and services, probably even take out the trash, AND put food on their family’s table. … When they lay their heads on the pillow at night they can say, “Today I made a difference in Northeast Florida and beyond…that was awesome!”
Who’s behind them?
- Investors, who contribute to the JAX Chamber Foundation to advance the success of women entrepreneurs.
- Volunteers, who give countless hours and expertise and directly impact their success.
- Our staff and the entire JAXChamber team – we’re ALL are behind them.
Why support women business owners?
There are over 9 million women business owners across the United States and their numbers are growing at 1½ times the national average. Women-owned businesses employ nearly 8 million people and generate more than $1.3 TRILLION in annual revenues. The State of Florida has the fourth largest concentration of women-owned businesses in the United States. Clearly, women business owners make a positive impact on the nation’s and Florida’s economic well-being.
How are women business owners impacting our community?
- They build wealth, creating financial stability for themselves and their families.
- The gain independence, by increasing their knowledge and understanding, which builds their confidence to succeed.
- They create jobs, not only for themselves, but for others.
- They develop influential leadership, many reaching national audiences, winning prestigious awards and industry recognition.
- They give back, contributing time, talent and treasure to many community initiatives including JWBC.
We’ve served more than 8,200 clients during the past decade. They are diverse in ethnicity and age, they span the gamut of traditional and non-traditional industries, they are at the beginning of their entrepreneurial journey and they are the CEOs of multi-million dollar companies. But, they all have one thing in common; they have the same burning desire to be their own boss, to run their own business and to make a better life for themselves and their families.
What can you do? Contact us to
- Find out more about our program and services to start or build your business.
- Contribute your expertise to one of our mentoring programs.
- Join the Grand 100 Funders
- Brag about us on social media and spread the word!
Together we have raised the bar and made real steps in advancing the success of women entrepreneurs in Northeast Florida. The JWBC belongs to YOU. Thank you.